13 September 2020

Poll: Conferences in the age of COVID-19

The last fragment-relevant conference of 2020 is happening this week – virtually of course. I attended my first virtual conference last month and wrote up my thoughts here. As I noted, I look forward to the resumption of in person events. However, despite rapid progress, we do not know when a safe, effective COVID-19 vaccine will be widely available.
 
In the meantime, conference organizers need to plan – usually months ahead. If you would like to help, please answer the brief (six question) survey on the right-side of the page. Also, please leave comments below – anonymously if you’d prefer – on what virtual conferences you’ve attended, what worked, and what didn’t. We'll post results early next month.
 
Hope to see you next year – ideally in-person!

No comments: